Got a static 5/6 drop...

Airshocks might be the just the thing you were looking for. Have you ever tried towing or hauling with a lowered truck? The frame becomes one with the road. This is where the airshocks come in. You can get these anywhere, ebay, local auto parts dealers, or used from a buddy. They only cost from 20$ to 200$ depending where you get them. The kits usually come with a small amount of line and the proper fittings. The kit should look something like this.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

These are not, by any means cheap airbag replacements. You can only get a lift of 3-5 inches tops. You also can't go any lower than the drop you already had. The lines are very small in diameter, usually a quarter inch. In other words you won't be hopping 2 feet in the air with these. They can take 15 to 60 seconds to fully inflate. They just get you out of "rip off the rollpan situations".